About Mark Ellerby
Mark Ellerby is 37 years old and lives in County Durham, Northeast England. Mark has suffered from Schizophrenia for 16 years. In order to help others understand the condition, demystify, and educate, Mark has published four books that explain his own experiences of Schizophrenia and its differing stages. They are also aimed at aiding recovery and self help.
Mark's biographical history is very much dominated by schizophrenia, which began at the age of 21. He had just graduated from university and had started a PhD course in political philosophy. However, due to a lack of information and understanding of what he was experiencing he had to give up his PhD after a five year struggle with the illness.
Mark's books are inspirational and informative. They cover many aspects of the illness including:
- Its symptoms and medication
- Treatment, the mental health system, and relationships with care workers, psychologists and psychiatrists
- Living with the condition and the stigma
- Sectioning and hospital treatment
- The importance of family support
- Self help and coping mechanisms
The Stages of Schizophrenia Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 are available for purchase in both paperback and e-book publications.
For more information on each of these books and where they are available please go to Mark's Publications page